As food lovers and makers of tableware, we wanted to work collaboratively with foodies, chefs and patissiers, to share delicious recipes styled on our handmade ceramics. Each month we will be introducing a new recipe and the person behind it.
This month's recipe is from Hannah Phillips, founder of Phillips Nutrition.
Hannah Phillips has a BHSc. in Nutritional Medicine and is a practicing Clinical Nutritionist based in Melbourne. In 2021 she established Phillips Nutrition, an evidence-based clinical nutrition practice. She emphasises the relationship between food and our mood, stress levels, digestion and overall health. Her practice is all about integrating food to prevent and treat body conditions, from family cooking advice, to treating chronic conditions, diet plans and recipe development, you can find a whole range of services on her website.
Hannah is sharing one of her favourite recipes with us today, a pumpkin, pomegranate and quinoa salad, styled on one of our ceramic platters.
Follow her on Instagram for more, and get ready for cooking this delicious salad!
Pumpkin, Pomegranate and Quinoa Salad
- 3 wedges of jap pumpkin
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup of quinoa
- ⅓ cup of pepitas
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ⅓ cup of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon of pomegranate molasses
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut pumpkin into wedges and coat lightly in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven or airfryer at 180 degrees for 35 minutes or until roasted. Allow to cool before using.
- Place 1 cup of quinoa in a pot of water so that the water is ½ cm over the quinoa and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, take the quinoa off the heat and allow it to absorb the remaining water until the quinoa softens. Set aside and allow to cool before using.
- Combine rocket, quinoa, pomegranate fruit, mint, ½ olive oil, pepitas in a bowl and mix gently.
- Plate salad onto platter
- Place pumpkin wedges on top of quinoa salad
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and pomegranate molasses